Swell the Host Simic Commander Deck Review 2015
Magic: The Gathering UR Control/WB Control vs GB Reanimator/UG Ramp Commander Twin Headed Giant 2015
Magic: The Gathering Standard Free for All Mono Green Ramp vs 4C Midrange vs 4C Midrange 2015
The Xbox: When Microsoft was the Underdog
A real trip down memory lane.
Destiny The Taken King CUT from Year One Destiny? All Destiny DLC is cut content? Yep. By: BDobbinsFTW
College Street Bar Hopping Review
Sneaky Dee’s is a place me and my friends frequent when we go down to drink on College street. Its usually the bar we end on but we decided to start on it this time because we had a huge craving for Buzz Amber. Buzz Amber is my team’s favorite all-around beer of choice. I secretly still prefer Guinness overall but Buzz Amber is a tie or very close second. We discovered Buzz Amber at Sneaky Dee’s the first time we went drinking on College street. It was the last bar of the night that time and we just asked for something cheap and left it up to the waiter. The moment we tried it we loved it. It’s a very smooth dark beer. Very easy to drink and not notice how drunk you are getting. If any of you are ever at Sneaky Dee’s I highly recommend trying it.
This was the first time we went to Mullins. My friend saw it on the way when were meeting up. We decided to give it a try after Sneaky Dee’s and we loved it. It wasn’t busy and there wasn’t any loud annoying music playing. The whole side of the place was one big window they left open. It was nice having the breeze flow into the bar. The people working there were also very nice. We asked them for what they would recommend as the drink of choice to represent the Mullen. They brought us 2 pints of Guinness. I cant complain. My favorite beer at a really nice comfy open window bar. Will visit again for sure.
I’m more of a whiskey, vodka, beer kind of a guy so things like martinis throw me off a bit. But we were trying new things and said what the hell it looks nice so let’s give it a try. We quickly noticed how “dated” the place was which made me and my friend laugh at the situation. We got our seats and went up to the bar and I asked for something that looks good in a picture but isn’t a girl drink. The bartender laughed and thought for a second. She told us that would be a “Caipirinha” which is a Brazilian drink. I and my friend agreed after drinking it that it’s simply an alcoholic lemonade. We liked it but the overall place wasn’t our style. If you are looking for a place to take a date but want to be on the fancy side or you’re a fan of martinis I recommend Touche. If you are not one of these than I would say keep looking.
So we are walking and at this point, you have to understand we are pretty drunk. We see Ryoji across the street and decide we should go over. We get inside and see how nice the place is. I mean its very pretty and out of all the places we went to it has the best lighting. As you can probably tell from looking at the pictures. We asked the waiters what they would recommend and they both said different drinks. We said we will get one of each and try it. Now again we were drunk so we forgot to get the names of the drinks written down but we both agreed we liked the drink in the shorter glass more. It had this slightly grassy taste that went down very smooth. The other one was more of a sweet and sour flavor. We didn’t hate it but we wouldn’t order that drink again. Overall great place. We plan to go back there to try the food next time.
Remember how before when we crossed the street to get to Ryoji. Well, we are even drunker now and we are stupid in general. We had completely forgotten we crossed the street. So we continue down the street and start seeing stores we are sure we passed on the opposite side of the street. Now again let me remind you we are very drunk now and also very stupid. We start to talk about how its such a dumb idea to double up the same store on the same street. We go on about how bad of a business idea that is. on the second store we saw that doubled up I got suspicious. One store on the same street doubling up, ok. Two stores on the same street? No somethings not right here. It wasn’t until we hit the 4th store I realized we are walking backward on the opposite side of the street. We walked for a solid 8 to 10 minutes in the wrong direction before I realized we went the wrong way. We couldn’t stop laughing at how dumb the situation was and then had to speed walk all the way to Smokes. -_-
Now that all that’s^ out of the way. Let’s talk about Smokes Poutinerie. What can I say? It’s the best poutine in the city if you ask me. My friends would agree with that statement. What you see photographed down below is the triple pork poutine. Just writing about it now is making me salivate. I think if I was able to without getting fat I would eat this every day. I mean just look at it. Do I need to say anymore? Do yourself a favor and get some poutine at Smokes Poutinerie. Unless you’re a vegetarian. I mean they do have vegetarian options but meh. It’s just not the same.
I’m going to say right off the bat this place is not my style. Music too loud, drinks were on the more expensive side. The crowd was very young and hipster. I just wasn’t able to feel comfortable there and relax. I felt like I stood out like a sore thumb. That being said. If you are a fan of the whole hipster type stuff than you would like this place. Also if you’re a single guy between 20 and 25 it’s a good place to go since it was filled with girls. Again not my scene but it is someone’s scene. Everyone there seemed to be having a good time. My friend overall didn’t mind it but he really liked the music. The DJ was playing a lot of pretty cool old school music. As a DJ myself I can’t be too impressed about downloading a best of 80s track list and playing it. The good music alone doesn’t validate the place for me. Your results may vary. Oh and we forgot to write the name of the drink we got here as well. It was alright…I wish I can say more but I was pretty drunk by this point and it wasn’t that memorable of a drink, to begin with.
We were so drunk by this point I couldn’t function as a photographer. Hence why I don’t have many good pictures of the Emmet Ray here. I was so drunk I knocked my glass of whiskey over on the table and didn’t want it going to waste so I drank it off the table. >:P Yea I was pretty drunk. My beard smelled like Glenfarclas 12yrs for the rest of the night. That being said the Emmet Ray is one of if not my favorite bar on College Street. The live jazz band always playing quality jazz at the back of the place alone is worth a visit. The whiskey selection is simply amazing. Over 230 different kinds of whiskey. If you are a fan of whiskey this is a place you got to go to.
Back to Sneaky Dee’s
After whiskey at the Emmet Ray, we decided we had to go back to Sneaky Dee’s for one last round of Buzz Amber to close off the night. We did just that. All in all, it was a great night. Would do this again for sure.
All shots were taken by me using a Sony a6000 with a 35mm Canon FD vintage lens. Lastly a special thanks to my friend Arash for coming along and helping me drink.
Dungeons and Dragons Darkster Edition V1
- Other classes may be added after further testing.
- Other races may be added after further testing.
- When creating your character you are provided with the stat alignment of 15-14-13-12-10-8 and +2 to any stat of your choice. You are aloud to put any of these numbers into any stat you wish. The +2 can also be split into two +1s and added as desired. The alternative way of rolling for stats is rolling 4 1d6 6 times and removing the lowest die roll each time. If you go with this method you do NOT get the +2 to any stat of your choice.
- For this system you only use main stats. No touch, no flat foot, no grapple, no fortitude save, no reflex save and no will save or any of that.
- Main stats increase based on level like the previous system you are building from. Feats and Special Abilities also increase off leveling.
- You still roll for initiative and can incorporate the modifier if you want or just go based on only the die roll.
- Skills are calculated the same as the previous system but if you have less than 3 skills you are awarded extra points to increase them to a minimum of 3 boosted skills.
- GMs rolls are always hidden unless it is needed to be seen for whatever reason.
- In combat the attacking player rolls 1d20 vs the GMs roll of 1d20. If the player say gets a 15 and the GM gets a 10 the players hit goes through. The GM should be aware of the players Dex Mod and add that into every “hit” roll by the player or to the player. Likewise the player can also add their Dex Mod before hand to hit rolls to make things easier.
- If the player does make a hit they then roll their dmg skill as they would for the normal system but with the addition of their main stat. For example if you are a rogue and you are doing 5 dmg and your main stat is dex with a mod of +3 you are doing 8 dmg.
- To make things more challenging or easier for player. The GM can decide on what die to roll when and how many to roll. For instance, if the GM wants to increase the chances of one of his NPCs getting a clean “hit” roll. He can add another die of his choice to the initial 1d20 roll for hit. Example: player rolls 1d20 getting a 13+Dex Mod while the GM rolls 1d20+1d6 getting a 13 on the 1d20 and a 2 on the 1d6 for a total of 15.
- In the same way as above the GM can also weaken NPCs. For instance if they are hurt or have fallen over, missing a limb…The extra die rolls of choice would be used as – and not +.
Will Halo 5 and The Modern Warfare Collection Learn From the Mistakes of Halo MCC?
I Can’t See Anything When I Close My Eyes ► Literally Can’t Imagine…
It’s very interesting to know how different people think and even imagine. You get stuck in your own way of thinking sometimes and forget if you really want to figure someone out you have to be able to walk in their shoes and think how they think.