This is the final sound assignment for my Sound 1 class. Was made in Protools using only my voice and one reverb sound effect. Thought it turned out really funny so im uploading it here. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Thanks to the rest of the group for helping. Bethany, Joe and Nate.
Here is my finished skateboard design. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I will explain how I got to this finished product below.
At first, this was the route I was going with my skateboard. More down the graffiti path. I used the same photographs as I did for my original Charizard edit idea but added in the graffiti picture you see in the background of the picture in the top right. Fiddled with the opposites till I got that. Oh and added in my logo.
This crap you see here is what I ended up with when it came to the finished board at first. I threw the picture on the board’s frame and realized the picture gets far to pixilated when I stretched it out to fit the board. To make up for it I just put the picture in the middle and used content aware fill to take care of the sides. It didn’t work out perfectly so I went over it a few times with to get what you see. Thew on my logo and was ready to print.
When I had some extra free time due to being ahead of the curve when it came to my assignments I went over my old finished skateboard design and realized it was dog shit. So I looked into ways of changing it. In the end, I understood I had to start over with my base image. To stick with the 60s,70s,80s, theme I looked at some of Andy Warhol’s work and wanted to go down that route. I also wanted to incorporate the Darkster colors (black and red) This was done simply using the paint bucket tool and then doing light touch-ups with the brush.
From that point, I threw the images on to the 10×36 canvas and arranged them how I wanted. Used the brush tool to pull the edges of the black and red across the canvas and used the paint bucket tool to fill it in. After that, I added in my logo. I couldn’t find a place I really liked to put it so I decided on just putting it right in the middle and having it work like a negative against the background. Did that again with just the brush tool and then filled it in with the paint bucket. Lastly, I added in DarksterMedia in the top left. I tried mirroring it but I didn’t like how it looked. Way too many letters. Then tada! Finished.